New Year's Eve party in Krakow 2016 – organisational information.
Add date: Wednesday, 28 December 2016
The Krakow New Year's Eve party will take place already next Saturday. Therefore, we would like to give you some information that will help you spend this exceptional night comfortably and safely.
Entrance to premises of events.
The premises of the event near the Main Stage will be accessible through gates located at the outlet of the ul. Szczepańska street, between the outlet of the ul. Jana street and Sławkowska and between the outlet of the ul. św. Anny street and the Town Hall Tower.
Entrances to the premises of the event at the Podgórski Market Square will be located vis-à-vis the ul. Staromostowa street.
The party near the Ludowy Theatre will be accessible through entrances on the side of the ul. Obrońców Krzyża street.
On 31 December 2016, in connection with the New Year's Eve party “Sylwester 2016” to be held on the Main Market Square, the following changes in traffic organisation will be introduced:
- from 10 a.m. vehicles will not be allowed to stop at ul. Bracka, ul. św. Jana (a section between ul. św. Tomasza and the Main Market Square), ul. Wiślna (a section between the Main Market Square and ul. Gołębia), ul. Sławkowska (a section between ul. św. Tomasza and the Main Market Square), ul. Szczepańska (a section between the Main Market Square and ul. Jagiellońska), ul. św. Anny (a section between the Main Market Square and ul. Jagiellońska), ul. Szewska (a section between ul. Jagiellońska and the Main Market Square), ul. Jagiellońska (a section between ul. Św. Anny and ul. Szczepańska);
- supply in Zone A (excluding ul. Grodzka on the section from ul. Franciszkańska to ul. św. Idziego, ul. Senacka, ul. Kanonicza, ul. Krupnicza) will be possible only till 10 a.m., and supply in Zone B (in the zone limited by the first ring road, ul. Franciszkańska and ul. Dominikańska) will be possible till 10 a.m. and between 1 p.m. and 2 p.m.;
- from around 7 p.m., evacuation routes at ul. Bracka and ul. św. Jana (the section between ul. św. Tomasza and the Main Market Square) will be entirely closed for traffic (excluding access ways to houses);
- from around 7 p.m., the ul. Szewska street on the section from the Main Market Square to ul. Jagiellońska will be only an exit road (towards ul. Jagiellońska);
- cycle tracks at ul. Wiślna (the section from the Market Square to ul. Gołębia) and ul. św. Anny will be closed for traffic.
We request you to comply with the above changes and to follow the instructions given by Police and City Guard officers.
According to the valid rules, no dangerous objects (bottles, alcoholic drinks, beverages and pyrotechnical devices) must be brought into the designated premises. All such objects will be taken over by security guards at entrance gates and thrown away.
The first aid point near the Main Stage will be located close to the Town Hall Tower. An ambulance will be available near each stage. Mobile first-aid patrols will move around the premises of each New Year's Eve party.
If you intend to use public means of transport in Krakow on that day, we also recommend reading information about the change of the time of availability and frequency of public transport service.